Sunday, October 16, 2011

Editorial Calendar

Wanting to explain to my clients and colleagues, what an "Editorial Calendar" is, I searched for "Editorial Calendar tools" and found...

Reimagining starts with an editorial calendar. I use an Excel spreadsheet for mine, and have several columns: Posting date, type, purpose bucket (borrowed from Jason Falls), media/links, comments, subscribers, other. My spreadsheet has a dual purpose, schedule and brainstorm. But after reading Content Rules, I decided I needed two more columns on my editorial calendar: reimagine and purpose bucket.   Don't Just Recycle--Reimagine! by Chris Syme @cksyme

And reading this article by Chris Syme, I then proceeded to tweet, to inform my Twitter followers. 

Which led me to write this post, here.

Any other good tools or articles that you know about?

 Eric Herberholz 

an Editorial Calendar "gives a big picture view of where your content is going and keeps the content engaging" 

 Eric Herberholz
 

 "Reimagining starts with an editorial calendar. I use an Excel spreadsheet for mine, and have several columns"

 Eric Herberholz 

with Editorial Calendar "writing became a pleasure again" "posts were better" "more organized" "actually liked my job" 

 Eric Herberholz 

without Editorial Calendar, "missed deadlines, wrote uninteresting posts...wasn’t meeting the goals...set for myself" 

 Eric Herberholz 

No comments:

Post a Comment